A Christian religion page on how to read and understand the Bible, authored by
Frank Ellsworth Lockwood

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

WHY LIBERALS CAN'T GROW VEGETABLES


"You cannot be a Christian and a liberal at the same time," my friend told me as we ate breakfast together one morning. A few weeks later she took that comment to the next level -- complete rejection -- a logical but sad step.

The L-word is not the only foul label that has been applied to me: I have been dubbed liberal, agnostic, unAmerican, and now ... get this, "non agricultural."

When one takes a controversial stand he expects to be called names, but "non agricultural"? Modern analysis of scriptures makes one inelligble to grow wheat, to pick apples or to make wine!

Yes, that is true, at least in the minds of many people, some of them friends or former friends of mine. I invite my readers to follow the (below) link to my personal blog titled, "Crazed Liberal Left in the Dark," which describes a mondern experience in the ancient practice of shunning.

Crazed Liberal Left in the Dark

------------- END

P.S. Did you know that Frank Ellsworth Lockwood is also the author of the novel, "Captains All"? If you like, you can pre-view or purchase the book here:

https://www.createspace.com/4133264

No comments: